Is taking care of yourself a chore that stays on the bottom of your to-do list day after day? Do you feel like everyone else's needs are more important than yours? I used to be that way too. Until I got cancer. Five times. Each time I got ill, I'd vow to take better care of myself. And I did, slowly but surely I learned more and more things about wellness, exercise, nutrition, spiritual, emotional and psychological health. The biggest thing I've learned is that it's easier to take care of me a little bit at a time. I don't need huge chunks of time or cash to take care of me. Sure, I might want those things and a tropical vacation would definitely be amazing. But until I'm on a plane to an island, I can't keep on neglecting myself and neither can you. So I set out to share how I take care of myself, bit by bit, and day by day. I wrote a nourishing guide to self care called Five Thoughtful Ways to Love Yourself.
Simply reading my guide is an act of self care.
"It's so beautiful it feels like a bit of a guilty pleasure."
— Marcia N.
Inside you'll find the following ideas:
- Sayings: my favorite mantras to ground me when I feel anxious, worried, lacking or scarce
- Juicing: my go-to green juice recipe to boost me when I need energy and nourishment
- Stretching: my favorite stretches to loosen me up when I feel stiff or achey
- Listening: my favorite podcasts to open my mind when I need a new perspective or new ideas on how to care for myself
- Reading: my favorite books to learn from when I want to expand my knowledge of my body, nutrition or when I want to access my intuition and inner guidance
My hope is that as you incorporate these ideas into your thoughts and behavior, soon self care will become a sacred, rejuvenating ritual that you feel incomplete without.
As a wise friend told me years ago, an empty cup quenches no one's thirst.
Click here to sign up for my email list and start taking care of yourself today, bit by bit. ♥